Search
  • Peter Murray

Information Retention and Online Videos



Visual aids are becoming an absolute necessity for an effective webcast. But simply having pie charts and a few gimmicky PowerPoint slides isn’t enough to keep your audience’s attention or to effectively express the nuances of your message.

Studies have demonstrated that after three days, information retention is six times more accurate when visual aids are used in conjunction with a well-prepared oral presentation, as opposed to spoken word alone. Educational researchers have also discovered that 83% of our learning happens visually, with the remaining 17% being split up between the other four senses.

When preparing a visual presentation, be sure to outline and include a final goal. It’s easy to get wrapped up in tangential diagrams, but using visuals only for key points will help highlight the most important parts of your message.

Never read straight from your visuals. Using visuals as examples and guidelines for your presentation, rather than trying to express abstract concepts in visual form, is a much more effective way to use your audience’s propensity for visual learning.

Ask your audience to read or listen, but not both. Explaining a key point orally and showing a labeled chart can be distracting. Give your audience time to process if they have to read a visual.

Finally, do a run through with visuals before broadcasting. This run-through should happen just after visuals are created and your message is outlined, but not memorized. If you memorize first, it can be difficult to make necessary changes later.

For more tips on how to create an effective presentation or for our webcast streaming services, contact Omni Webcast TV today.

Source: http://www.omniwebcasttv.com

Tags: information retention, Information Retention and Online Videos, preparing a visual presentation, webcasting marketing, webcasting services

#VideoProduction

3 views
  • YouTube - Black Circle
  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Instagram - Black Circle
  • Vimeo - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle
  • Flickr - Black Circle

Omni Media Productions 2019 ©